The Hemp Connection + women's health

When life gives you lemons…give yourself a facial

In my part of the world, winter is citrus time. The trees in my neighborhood are loaded down with grapefruit, oranges, tangerines, limes, and lemons…to the point where people give them away because they simply cannot use them all.

Family and friends have filled an entire shelf of my refrigerator with lemons, which of all of the above, is the hardest to use in large quantities.

So I started Googling to see what I could do with lemon juice. Turns out, it is really great for skin! It is especially helpful for acne scars and helping to fade discolored skin. It's high in glycolic acid, which is a key ingredient in many facial peel products.

I've simply been putting the lemon juice on my skin for about an hour in the morning…a few times, after reading more, I've even gone to sleep with it still on my face. You'll feel a tingle at first, and it's best to keep it away from your eyes.

I've been doing this for about two weeks and am noticing a healthier glow to my skin and even a little bit of reduction of fine lines. I'm not promising miracles, and I don't think it's going to completely erase the marks of time, but I do feel it's doing something invigorating on several different levels.

For those of you whose PCOS has affected your skin's appearance, it's another inexpensive and simple tool for you to have to help you feel and look better.

acne, healthy lifestyle, juice, lemons, skin, and more:

When life gives you lemons…give yourself a facial + women's health