The Hemp Connection + tips

I am feeling especially thankful today!

Last night I was settling in after a long day of work, walking toward the television to turn it on for ER. My phone rang. It was the husband of a client I've been in contact with for a few months. He called to tell me they were pregnant!

Earlier in the day I'd met with a business colleague who is also several months pregnant, who attended an inCYST class.

It gave me cause to pause…and give thanks.

If you know me primarily through this blog, what you may not know is how long and stubbornly I dragged my feet before deciding to take on the world of infertility. I'm a small business person, working primarily out of my home. I feel sometimes like I'm taking on several huge, well-financed industries, with a tiny bank account, a small voice, and no hope of ever making a dent in the very lucrative world of couples wanting help in having a family. It took me a long time, and lots and lots of emails from women asking for help, to believe one person with an idea and a dream could make a difference.

Most of all, I've had to learn to live with the stress of working in this world. It's not like I'm selling tires or chewing gum. When people come to my program, either directly to me, or through someone I've trained, they're putting their lives, their hopes, their fears, in our hands. Often times they've been let down by someone else they've trusted. Or they've been told they can't have something that only makes them want it more. It always feels like a huge responsibility. It's always humbling. It's definitely strengthened my spirituality.

But 2008 has been the year that all the doubts began to fade, the progress took huge leaps, and confidence that taking all of that on, despite the sacrifices and stress, was absolutely the right thing to do.

I am thankful to the colleagues who took the course and established their own islands of influence in their communities. As the number of islands grows, we are starting to build bridges and to support each others' success. It's so fun to watch this grow!

I am especially thankful to the colleagues who have stepped up and openly shared their own trials and tribulations of fertility treatment and weight management for the benefit of others. That took an incredible amount of courage and I am honored to work with you.

I am thankful to the couples who asked us for help, and who worked with us to develop a program that is starting to multiply…not just office locations, but humans! I appreciate your trust in our work.

I am thankful to my family, who supported me through some very rough times, because they saw my focus and my vision.

I am thankful to friends who tolerated my lifestyle, as I've worked long hours for little pay and have not always been able to keep up with them as far as having free time or disposable income.

My family and my friends are all still there. Without them I wouldn't have anything to offer anyone, and they deserve the biggest thanks of all.

I am thankful that I have been able to use my studious nature, my love for writing, and my desire to help, in a way that brings such happiness and joy to the people I am honored to call my colleagues and clients.

I hope that in this Thanksgiving season you are all feeling equally as thankful. I look forward to serving you in the future through my writing and teaching.

Warmest holiday regards,

Monika M. Woolsey, MS, RD
Founder, inCYST Programs

Blog, fun, life, love, and more:

I am feeling especially thankful today! + tips