The Hemp Connection + tips

Wednesday Morning Quarterback--Biggest Loser

I make Tuesday nights my housecleaning nights so I can watch this show and keep up with what my clients are learning about weight, nutrition, and exercise. This is the 6th season…and it wasn't until recently, while reading a colleague's blog, that I learned that this show even had a dietitian.

Never once have I seen this dietitian interact with the contestants. Never once have I seen her be given credit for any of the meal plans the contestants follow. In fact, I've seen an ad on the program about supplementary nutrition material viewers can purchase that is credited to the show's physicians. And you know what? She's not only a dietitian…she's a professional chef!!! Why is Rocco getting more air time?

I think Bob and Jillian, the trainers, are great trainers. But every single time they start to talk about food…it's a product placement opportunity. Watch for that next time around. Tonight it was about jello and milk, which turned out to be program sponsors.

Has the dietitian been silenced because she'd talk about all foods and not just the ones financially supporting the show?

It just doesn't seem fair, as much as the show is about nutrition, that the nutrition expert has been relegated to be completely off camera and not be given credit for much of the work she apparently does.

I wish this person would get the credit she deserves. Maybe if she did, the food information would feel less like poor attempts at sneaking more advertising time into the show and more like information that has some scientific basis.

Cheryl, I hope some day you get to come in front of the cameras and be rightfully acknowledged for everything you clearly do.

Biggest Loser, Blog, diet, food, life, nutrition, and more:

Wednesday Morning Quarterback--Biggest Loser + tips