The Hemp Connection + trans fats

Food of the week: peanut butter

Most women already know by the time they find my website, that a higher protein/lower carbohydrate diet will help them to manage their weight and their insulin resistance. But for some reason, people think that in order to eat better, it has to somehow be programmed and contain a lot of expensive foods. Absolutely not!

Peanut butter is one of my favorite protein foods. It's cheap. It's easy to use. You can keep a jar in your office, or in your suitcase when you travel. And the fat it contains, if you use old-fashioned style, is one of the healthier fats to include in your diet. (Trans fats are what happen when good fat is processed to keep the fat in regular peanut butter from separating out.)

I like to use a peanut butter sandwich as a way to eat more fruit. I don't use jelly, I put whatever is in season on my PB: peaches, pears, apples, berries, bananas…I've even used raisins in a pinch.

Don't get too caught up in thinking healthy has to be hard. It's probably already in your kitchen and there's more potential uses for this treat than your childrens' lunchboxes!

diet, food, fruit, healthy body, insulin resistance, peanut butter, protein, thinking, time to be, and more:

Food of the week: peanut butter + trans fats