The Hemp Connection + tomatoes

Eat patriotically!

I'm not at all a fan of the Food Guide Pyramid or the new My Pyramid. I know too much about the politics of how each food got its position in the diagram. And I know that the concept is promoted by the Department of Agriculture, not the Department of Health and Human Services. So it's really about marketing commodities at least as much, if not more than, promoting healthy eating.

Last year at this time it occurred to me that eating patriotically (if you are a citizen of the United States, France, Chile, Czechoslovakia, and the United Kingdom, to name a few), is a fun way to think about what constitutes a healthy choice.

So I went to Google to see if there was anything under the term,"food flag". I found this:

Sausage and pasta were not really what I had in mind, so I scrolled further, and found this:

Absolutely not what I wanted to communicate!

So…I had a little fun and I made my own. I hope you like it!

I posted a bigger version on my website, feel free to use it as long as you keep the copyright notice intact in the lower righthand corner. You can find it at www.afterthediet.com/foodflag.htm.

almonds, apples, beans, cauliflower, cherries, eggs, food, food guide pyramid, fun, healthy body, macadamias, my pyramid, oatmeal, peppers, raspberries, strawberries, time to be, and more:

Eat patriotically! + tomatoes