The Hemp Connection + vinaigrette

Food of the week: blueberry pomegranate vinaigrette

My latest and favorite act of procrastination is to walk two blocks over to the new Fresh and Easy store and check out the taste testing samples. (I am there so frequently the demo guy, Stephen, and I, are on a first-name basis!) Last week he had a really great spring green salad with fresh strawberries, made to showcase their blueberry-pomegranate vinaigrette. The taste was excellent; the only problem, however, was that the oil that was used as the base was not one of the ones inCYST likes its fans to prioritize. So I found another recipe online, from a website called Cooking with Dan. It's equally as great on the Fresh and Easy spring green mix.

One important word of caution: If you're trying to conceive, you may wish to file this recipe for future use.

Blueberry pomegranate vinaigrette

1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup pomegranate juice (POM the real stuff works best)
1/4 cup EVOO
1/8 cup Red Wine Vinegar
Basil
Salt
Pepper
Garlic

Blend the blueberries and pomegranate juice together to make a mixture. Then reduce it to a thick sauce on the stove (in a pot of course). Then add the other ingredients and blend it together. I store mine in a tuberware in my fridge and use it on a lot of salads.

Oh! And while I was searching for this recipe I found quite a few links to recipes for blueberry pomegranate martinis at Recipezaar. I'm not much of a drinker and have had maybe two martinis in my life…but the pomegranate margarity I had at Fez Restaurant a few weeks ago…and this martini looked good enough that I might have to pick up the ingredients on my next Fresh and Easy run and have them ready as a reward for finally coming home after the next 8 days of very busy traveling. The Recipezaar page has some comments on the side for alternatives that may be more tasty to the seasoned martini connoisseur

Linda's Blueberry-Pomegranate Martini

2 ounces vodka
1 ounce pomegranate-blueberry juice

Directions

Fill a shaker half-way with ice.

Shake ingredients in a shaker and put in chilled martini glasses.

blueberries, food, health tips, juice, perfect body, pomegranate, and more:

Food of the week: blueberry pomegranate vinaigrette + vinaigrette