The Hemp Connection + women

My Journey to Pregnancy (guest blog)

This past week I've been in Santa Fe, New Mexico with our sponsor Beauty Foods, getting the word out about her product at the Green Spa Network Buyer's Conference. While we were there I had the opportunity to meet some companies with great hormone-friendly products. I came home with samples, but felt they would be best used by some of our readers. So I told our Facebook fans they would go to the first person who would share her pregnancy journey if she felt our support had played a part in her success. Here is what we received from"S", who will be getting a fun package with samples from two great companies. Mayron's Goods is an organic skin care and baby product line created by actress Melanie Mayron, and Mama Mio is a phthalate/paraben/xenoestrogen-free skin care line designed for pregnant women. Thank you for taking the time to share and inspire with your story…and enjoy the samples!

About two years ago my husband and I sat down and decided we were ready to start a family. So like most couples I didn’t imagine it would be too hard. In school they practically tell you if you think about having sex you will for sure get pregnant! So I stopped my birth control and sat back and waited and waited. No period for about 3 months. So I took myself to the doctor and they ran a bunch of tests and then they told me. You have PCOS… here is the pamphlet. Gee, Thanks?

In the mean time I decided I wanted to try to get healthy so I joined the gym and signed myself up for Boot camp for a year. If someone told me back then that I would begin to enjoy exercise and I would willingly go to the gym 4 days a week because it was fun, I would probably suggested they get their heads checked! But I for me signing up for a whole year really made a difference. I was able to meet a great group of ladies and found an excellent support network at the gym.

Getting a little pamphlet off the wall telling me the basics of PCOS wasn’t quite enough information. I got online and started doing some research and came across the very helpful book called The PCOS Workbook. That book gave me the lead to the Incyst network. I often go to the website and read the blog of the day and find some of the information really helpful so I start implementing that into my routine. The consistent information I gathered from these resources was to focus on eating whole grains, high protein and lower carbs, trying to find the Balance. And of course don’t forget the fish oil!

I found a fertility doctor in my area and we started working together. I did about 6 rounds of Clomid. 2 Rounds of Letrozole and then 2 rounds of Letrozole with IUI. I also did Accupuncture with several of the treatments as well. With another negative I was tired of trying so hard. So I decided to take a month off and just keep up with my exercise and eating well and my spoonfuls of fish oil and other vitamins. My doctor and I had a plan for the next month of doing the HSG test and another one which of course insurance will not cover. I was really not looking forward to that so I was dreading the arrival of my period. Somewhere along the line my period started to get normal and almost predictable. So the end of Februarys was arriving quickly my life was really hectic with some family medical issues, but no period. So finally I dug out a pregnancy test figuring I would just get this over with so I could go on with my life. HOLY SMOKES it was positive.

So after all that I am delighted to be expecting our bundle of Joy this December. And now a new journey begins… Pregnancy!

~ Sandra D ~

From: Monika Woolsey [mailto:marika@google.com]

fish oil, food, fun, health, positive, protein, and more:

My Journey to Pregnancy (guest blog) + women