The Hemp Connection + women's health tips

Imitation is a sincere form of flattery…but unfortunately it creates potential to hurt our audience

I received a Google alert today informing me of another PCOS blog using virtually the same name as ours. I have respectfully asked the author of this blog to cease and desist using our copyrighted name. I am optimistic that the name will be changed, as legal precedent is well established that we are the owner of the name inCYST.

It was very important to me when starting this program to create a name (and even invent our own word) that would become associated with a standard of information and care that would brand us as the go-to people with regards to PCOS care.

When another person uses our name, and they are not associated with our network, our training, our way of doing business, it confuses individuals out there who genuinely want and need the most helpful, accurate information possible.

The ONLY place you will see inCYST information that is genuinely from our program, is anywhere with my name attached to it--Monika M. Woolsey, MS, RD. I stand behind everything you see here, and have declined to include individuals in this project who I felt did not have the best interest of women with PCOS in mind.

So I am understandably concerned when I see a word that I invented myself, attached to someone else's work, in a way that does not represent the standard I aspire to uphold.

If you are reading this blog, be aware that we have been misrepresented. It may have been innocent, but it is intellectual property theft even so. Anything outside of this blog, our Twitter account, and our Facebook pages, bearing this name, do not belong to us and we do not assume responsibility for anything associated with other Internet venues.

Blog, healthy work, and more:

Imitation is a sincere form of flattery…but unfortunately it creates potential to hurt our audience + women's health tips