The Hemp Connection + time to be

Food of the week: oatmeal

I was a little uninspired for this weekly feature until I made breakfast. Oatmeal is such a staple for me, it hadn't even occurred to me that I could talk about it here. It's not fancy, it's not expensive, it's not glamorous…it's just oatmeal. But it's filling, and it can be dressed up in so many different ways that, at least for me, it never feels like the same breakfast twice.

I like to put nuts, raisins, and dried fruit on my oatmeal. I also add my Omega 3 Brain Booster powder as a way to boost the nutritional content. I bought a bunch of glass canisters at IKEA, and I use them to store/display my oatmeal and all my different fixins'. They look so pretty and healthy it makes me want to use them, which is exactly the point!

Oatmeal has a great glycemic index, meaning it won't wreak havoc on your blood sugar. And that means you're less likely to be hungry in the morning because your blood sugar dropped at a time when lunch was still a ways away and there were donuts sitting in the break room.

A special oatmeal note for you frequent flyers. The international terminal at JFK airport (New York) has a wonderful oatmeal bar! You can fix it with just about anything you would want. I was so thrilled to find this, since much airport food can't even really be thought of as food. Check it out and enjoy!

food, glycemic index, healthy body, nutrition, oatmeal, and more:

Food of the week: oatmeal + time to be