The Hemp Connection + tips

Food of the week: Fruit salsas

I have had a stressful week. Lots going on in my life, as well as the lives of others I care about. Deadlines. Disappointments. Good news! And long hours.

Sound familiar? Are those the reasons you use to not make healthy choices?

I carved out time this afternoon to get my groceries for the week. One of my favorite stores is Fresh and Easy, as they always mark perishables down to 50% off their original price when they get close to expiration. There is often a mango-pineapple salsa on the discount shelf, as there was today.

I bought the salsa, came home, pulled a frozen salmon filet out of the freezer, and thawed it. Then I brushed it with some olive oil, sprinkled on some jalapeno salt, and broiled it. When it was finished, I topped it with the mango salsa.

It was yummy…and boy did it hit the spot!

Fruit salsas can be used with any kind of meat, even with beans on Mexican food if you're going veggie. I just Googled"fruit","salsa" and"recipes" and found quite a few links. Here is one with almost 100 different variations.

If you've got fruit that hasn't been eaten that you want to do something with, or a plain piece of meat you're not sure what you want to do with…or you just love fruit, think about fruit salsa as an easy and tasty way to get in that nutrient-packed food group.

food, life, love, olive oil, and more:

Food of the week: Fruit salsas + tips