The Hemp Connection + tips

If you're a health professional reading this blog and you work with psychiatric medications

Psychiatric medications can have significant impact on hormone function and weight. Because there are so many mood disorders coexisting with PCOS, many women are on these medications. Yet dietitians, as far as I know, are not prepared in their training to know all of the potential interactions. I've put together a resource (keeping it updated is about 50% of what I spend my time doing), and the 2009 version is about ready to be released. The finished product is a CD-rom with 59 fact sheets on brain and nervous system-targeted medications. In addition to the interactions I mention above, every off-label use I can find for each of these meds is also included.

If you would like to have this resource in your library, you can preorder through December 31, 2008 at the 2008 price. I will be increasing the price from $49.95 to $54.95 on January 1, 2009.

The picture here is a sample sheet, this one for gabapentin (Neurontin), a mood stabilizer that is also commonly used for diabetic neuropathy. If you click on the image you can enlarge it to see the detail.

I hope this resource provides you with information that is important to have, but not always easy to find!

Blog, diet, fun, life, and more:

If you're a health professional reading this blog and you work with psychiatric medications + tips