The Hemp Connection + recipes

I don't think comfort food gets any easier!

It's probably because I love food that I became a dietitian. And it's also because I love food that I hang around so many foodies.

One of my dear foodie friends, Tony Arranaga, recently posted a favorite meal on his Facebook page that I wanted to share with you. Here is Tony from his Phoenix days, when we all knew and loved his foodie advice as the famed Light Rail Blogger.

These days Tony is incredibly busy working long hours in the office of Los Angeles City Councilman Bill Rosendahl, so he doesn't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. But he still loves good food! His crockpot helps him make that situation work anyway. This recipe for salsa verde chicken machaca really needs to be on all of your"super super easy" lists. Here is how he makes it.

Machaca is a traditional Mexican dish, typically with beef. My twist uses chicken breast (4) and two jars of Salsa Verde. Toss it in a crock pot. Let cook on high all day, then half hour before you serve, throw in a can of black beans. It tastes great alone, or with tortillas, or even on a bed of lettuce. Let me know how it turns out!

Let us know if you try this! If you have something for our"super easy" collection, send it our way!

Blog, diet, food, healthy way, life, love, and more:

I don't think comfort food gets any easier! + recipes