The Hemp Connection + vegetarian

Food of the week: Fujisan Sushi

Yesterday I was a home remodeling whirlwind. I spent much of my morning at IKEA, Lowe's, Home Depot, the paint store, you name it, spending all my money, and I spent most of the afternoon repairing, painting, installing…and before I knew it, the sun had set and I was starved!

I ran out to Trader Joe's to get a sushi dinner. I grabbed the California rolls with artificial crabmeat that said"brown rice", without reading any further. It was only when I got home and was enjoying the meal that I realized I was eating vegetarian sushi that was omega-3 supplemented with Life's DHA. This is omega-3 from marine algae that is being used as an omega-3 supplement in many foods, which you can read about elsewhere in this blog.

As much as I work to reassure pregnant women that eating most seafood during pregnancy can be safe, I know some of you will still opt not to eat it. This product, which tasted just like fish (even my cat couldn't tell, he loved it too!) and can provide the omega-3's that are essential for both mother and baby that can be challenging to get if you aren't eating seafood.

The label said that a serving contained 32 mg of DHA, but I ate the whole 280 calorie box which gave me 64 mg.

For more information about this product, and its nutritional content, visit the Fujisan Foods website.

artificial crab meat, Blog, DHA, food, life, love, nutrition, sushi, tips, and more:

Food of the week: Fujisan Sushi + vegetarian