The Hemp Connection + thinking

Of course I eat pizza, I'm human!

Yesterday I had lunch with a dear friend at a local favorite pizzeria, Pizzeria Bianco. It's hugely popular and until recently the line for a table could last several hours due to limited hours the establishment was open. They extended their hours of business so we decided to check it out. It was a wonderful visit with my friend, and I hugely enjoyed my pizza rosa, a thin crust, cheeseless pizza with red onions and pistachios. (Note: this establishment does not add cheese to their pizza, it was not some kind of"dietitian" request on my part. And I don't choose to eat there because they don't use cheese…I eat there because I adore their pizzas!)

I mentioned on Facebook that I'd had pizza for lunch and a good friend was surprised (I think pleasantly) to know that.

Ahhhh…the dietitian's halo. Of course I eat pizza! And ice cream. And even corn chips on a rare occasion. But I also made calabacitas this week. I've had Greek yogurt muesli with strawberries for breakfast every morning. And I'm trying a new miso eggplant recipe here tomorrow.

I shared with my friend that when I eat pizza, I make sure it's pizza worth eating. I don't eat pizza just because it's there. And even though I do love my Bianco pizza rosa, it did knock me out in the afternoon to eat that much carb without protein to balance it. So I couldn't, and wouldn't, do that every single day. It was a treat.

I'd rather share my normal in's and out's, than try to present a false impression that I eat"perfectly", or that there is even such a thing as"perfect" eating.

I've been thinking for awhile about what I would call the kind of eating I advocate for here, since the term"clean" eating just doesn't sit right with me. I'll share my thoughts tomorrow.

Now it's time to gear up for a Moroccan-themed potluck dinner a friend has organized for tonight. Yup, I do potlucks too, and I'm super excited about this one!

diet, healthy way, life, love, normal eating, pizza, protein, and more:

Of course I eat pizza, I'm human! + thinking