The Hemp Connection + sugar alternatives

Dehydrated citrus is a fun alternative to sugar!

I recently befriended the folks at True Citrus over Twitter. They sent me a large box of samples that arrived just before our Marina del Rey fundraiser. So I took it to let people try them out.

In a nutshell, True Citrus is a collection of dehydrated, powdered citrus, packaged in single serving packets. That is it! One package is the equivalent of a section of orange, grapefruit, lemon, or lime, and it also contains 25% of your daily requirement for vitamin C.

Of course, a slice of the real thing is what I would prefer, but there is always that situation, like when I'm at the gym, or on the road, or in a restaurant, where it's not feasible to extract a slice of fruit from a whole piece to add to my beverage. This is the perfect alternative. (It also keeps you from being exposed to the microbes that have been found on 70% of those ubiquitous lemon slices that restaurants like to put in your water. Eeeuuwww!!!)

Move along, Monika…

Angela, one of our fundraiser participants, took a couple of boxes of samples to try, to see if it was something she would use. She shared,

The packets for me are convenient to bring along with me in my purse to add a little something to a bottle of water I buy on the go. But it should be stated somewhere that it's a LOT of flavour for one little bottle of water. Maybe it is on the box (it's at home, I'm at work). It's just SO concentrated it's almost too tart to use the whole packet and once I learned that, I was very pleased! It gives just the right flavor.

Another use I found for it, strangely, was to add a little flavour to guacamole or to a taco salad. I can use it just like a lime when there isn't always some around!

I'm more of a nontaster and tend to prefer the whole packet. So be sure when you try it, to try different concentrations to see what works best for you.

As Angela did, I experimented outside the water bottle. If you read my post on the pomegranate/fig spread, I sweetened the ricotta cheese with True Orange. I have also come to love Greek yogurt with True Orange, sprinkled with nuts, as an after workout snack.

True Citrus products are also available in shaker bottles, giving them potential to become a regular condiment on the dinner table.

fun, healthy way, life, love, and more:

Dehydrated citrus is a fun alternative to sugar! + sugar alternatives