The Hemp Connection + power

Warning: Do not buy green tea oil from this man

Sadly, I need to use my blog to retract a post I put up a few months ago, because as information surfaced, the product I thought I had pretty thoroughly researched turned out not to be what I thought it was.

The product is green tea, or camellia oil, sold by Steven Frenzl of Bien Padre Foods.

I actually think the product itself is a good cooking oil, and I like some of the minor effects I've seen on my skin.

But Steve sent me a product information statement saying it contained vitamin A, which it turned out, it did not. He also told me it contained EGCG in higher amounts than green tea, and it turns out it has none.

More troublesome to me is that Steve has a very bad habit of recommending his oil for any and all kind of skin problem. He has diagnosed problems over the Internet and made recommendations. Some of his dietary recommendations for internal dosing encourage a consumption of oil that exceeds current recommendations for health, which I was very explicit about telling him. When he's gotten in over his head with his advice, he's referred them to me. Multiple times I told him this was not appropriate and it was practicing medicine without a license. I am not even a physician.

He did acknowledge to me that he was in some kind of trouble with the state health inspector. I told him I would no longer sell his product, and that I did not wish to have any kind of communication with him unless he could produce papers proving he was square with them.

He emailed me yesterday, without any such proof, but saying the following.

Nevertheless, despite the absence of the anti-cancer compound, there are still other significant health/wellness beneits I have discovered recently.

Last week I slipped while stepping into the shower and struck my shin hard on the side of the tub. Instant tear-producing pain and a welt that immediately swelled to the size and shape of a walnut. I quickly massaged oil into the injury and felt nearly immediate relief. The swelling disappeared within the hour--and I have yet to see a bruise. Normally, after an injury like that, I sport a bruise that lasts a month. I have applied the oil just once since the incident last week just as a precaution-- the effect of the oil on the injury is surprisingly long-term.

Another experience. Recently I have noticed dark bags under my eyes (nope, I can't be getting older) when I stare at that ugly mug in the mirror early every morning. So last month I started massaging a few drops of oil into the skin under each eye before bed each night. Now the sagging skin and dark color are both gone. Very cool.

I have told him if his product truly is this magical, he needs to back up these claims with clinical testing, and that science will support his observations.

I've also initiated proceedings for a formal complaint to the FDA.

That is likely to take awhile, so in the interest of protecting anyone from these business practices, I am using my blog to get the word out.

I am sorry I misled anyone. I've removed the original blog post and hope when Steve finds this, he'll learn that it's important to listen to people when they say no.

If Steve invests in the clinical testing and can show that his product really is a magical and powerful as he's claiming, you'll see it here first on the blog. Until then, beware.

Blog, diet, food, get healthy body, green tea, happy, and more:

Warning: Do not buy green tea oil from this man + power