The Hemp Connection + vegetables

Nutrition 101: Vitamin B6, the Helper Vitamin

I gave this vitamin its nickname because its presence is needed in adequate quantities in order to have enough of many other compounds, such as niacin.

The most stable version of vitamin B6 is found in plant foods. Another reason to get more fruits and vegetables in your diet! For those of you who just don't like the dark green leafy options on the list, remember you can throw a handful into pretty much any kind of juice or smoothie and not notice the taste. You can also make your own vegetable broth and freeze it into cubes in your ice tray for future cooking. I'm not a big fan myself, but I've found when I include them in other dishes such as omelets, rather than trying to eat them alone where I'm 100% focused on the flavor, I can get them in more easily.

Here's the list, and the link to the PCOS Diva's vitamin B6 menus. Have a great week everyone!

spinach
bell peppers
turnip greens

garlic
tuna
cauliflower
mustard greens
banana
celery
cabbage
crimini mushrooms
asparagus
broccoli
kale
collard greens
Brussels sprouts
cod
chard

food, fruits, get healthy body, happy, juice, nutrition, and more:

Nutrition 101: Vitamin B6, the Helper Vitamin + vegetables