The Hemp Connection + skin

Nutricosmetic designed to enhance skin may have other potential benefits

Back at Expo West in March, we learned a new word,"nutricosmetic", which means a functional food used for the purpose of improving appearance. This particular nutricosmetic, Nightly Beauty, caught my eye, because of how important good sleep is for insulin function, weight, mood, and fertility. This product is a flavored powder, designed to be mixed with milk and taken just before bed, to help enhance beauty, as CEO Jacque Gibson says, from the inside out.

This philosophy is woven throughout the entire company. The box in which this product is packaged, has a mirror inscribed with"You're Beautiful". Even the voice mail when you call Beauty Foods, begins with,"Well…Hello, Beautiful!" It's the perfect message for all of you coming to this blog.

For some reason the embed code on Jacque's promotional video is not working, so I can only link, but I strongly encourage you to watch it. You'll see her genuine desire to encourage inner beauty to shine through.

http://vimeo.com/25624555

Nightly Beauty by Beauty Foods is getting a lot of attention. It was named"best nutricosmetic" at Natural Products West. It was selected by JP Selects, created by the co-founder of Paul Mitchell, to be offered as one of their brands. And it will be included in this year's Emmy SWAG bags!

I'll get to the science behind the product in tomorrow's blog post. Today I just want to introduce the product and point you toward links with more information. And show you what it did to my skin in the 30 days I tested it.

My forehead before My forehead after

My eyes before My eyes after

My cheeks before My cheeks after

My chin before My chin after

Side view of my face before


Side view of my face after
This product caught my eye because of its ingredients. And it caught my attention, because after a month of using it, three different people who didn't know I was in the middle of this experiment spontaneously asked what I was doing to make my skin look so healthy! I realize that's not very scientific, but since I'm not a person who's overly focused on her appearance, that is quite a reaction to get from close friends.

While Jacque designed this product to primarily be for skin, it has a lot of pertinence for women dealing with the effects of chronic inflammation…namely…YOU. I'm going to go into the science of Nightly Beauty and why it has so much relevance to PCOS tomorrow…but for now, if you want to learn more, check out the radio interview Jacque did for inCYST awhile back.

Tomorrow: the potential this product holds for women with PCOS.

Blog, collagen, food, fun, get healthy body, happy, inflammation, and more:

Nutricosmetic designed to enhance skin may have other potential benefits + skin