The Hemp Connection + positive

It's not what happens to you…it's what you do with what happens that matters

One of the hardest things for me about PCOS is watching how the diagnosis has beat so many of you down. You've often come to believe that you're"broken" and in need of fixing.

There is a common, overlooked thread connecting each of you that I wish I knew how to bring to the surface. That is, that you all seem to be incredibly creative. It's one of my favorite parts about meeting women with PCOS, is seeing how they channel that part of themselves to make the world better for all of us.

Last night I was reminded of this at Christine Cassano's art exhibit. Christine shared her story on the radio show several months ago and she is gaining recognition in Phoenix as an accomplished artist. She could have let her diagnosis derail her talent; instead, she used what she learned to choose her medium, and it is her passion and creative outlet. She allowed PCOS to influence her work in the most positive of ways.

I wanted to post photos I took of some of her art. I wouldn't have these photos if she had not made the PCOS-related decision to switch to concrete. That would be sad.

If you'd like to learn more about Christine, please visit her website, http://www.christinecassano.com/.

get healthy body, happy, and more:

It's not what happens to you…it's what you do with what happens that matters + positive